Search: Keyword:

  Mission Statement  

Dent Creates Active, Responsible, Educated Students.

  About The School  

Dent Elementary

In 1945 the Enterprise School District was united with the Escalon School District and the name was changed to the Dent Union Elementary School District. In August of 1948 a $133,000 bond was aproved and in 1950 a $242,000 new school opened. The school was situated on 17 acres at 1520 Yosemite Avenue in northeast Escalon, and consisted of 16 classrooms and other facilities. Nine years later a $40,000 bond was passed unanimiously and two more classrooms were added.

In 1967 it became part of the Escalon Unified School District.

In September of 1975 a new $654,000 building opened to Dent School students. The 15,000 square foot structure housed four classrooms, multipurpose room, cafeteria, offices and such other needed space. Dent School, located at 1998 Yosemite Avenue in Escalon, has grown because of the closing of several schools that did not meet the Field Act requirements.